Ethical Responsibilities to Community and Society:
- To provide community with high-quality, culturally sensitive programs and services.
- To promote cooperation among agencies and professions concerned with the welfare of households we serve.
- To work, through education, research, and advocacy, toward an environmentally safe world in which all people we serve are adequately fed, sheltered, and nurtured.
- To work, through education, research and advocacy, toward a society in which all people we serve have access to quality programs.
- To support policies and laws that promote the well-being of households we serve. To oppose those that impair their well-being. To cooperate with other individuals and groups in these efforts.
Oregon Coast Community Action shall:
- Communicate openly and truthfully about the nature and extent of services we provide.
- Not offer services that we do not have the competence, qualifications, or resources to provide.
- Be objective and accurate in reporting the knowledge upon which we base our program practices.
- Cooperate with other professionals who work with households we serve.
- Not hire or recommend for employment any person who is unsuited for a position with respect to competence, qualifications, or character.
- Be familiar with laws and regulations that serve to protect people in our programs.
- When there is evidence that an agency or a professional charged with providing services is failing to meet its obligations, acknowledge a collective ethical responsibility to report the problem to appropriate authorities or to the public.
|< Prev||Next >|